Steuben County reaches nearly 200 positive COVID-19 cases

first_imgFor the latest Steuben County updates, visit Steuben County’s website or social media pages: www.facebook.com/SCNYPublicHealth and www.instagram.com/SteubenPublicHealth. As directed by the CDC, the health department says they are collecting information from 48 hours before the first symptoms arrived.  For more coronavirus coverage, click here. City of Hornell (2)Village of HammondsportVillage of Wayland STEUBEN COUNTY, N.Y. (WBNG) — The Steuben County Health Department gave an update on the coronavirus, including the addition of four cases on Sunday.center_img The Steuben County Health Department has now reported a total of 195 positive cases of the coronavirus. The health department has provided a breakdown, including where the residents who most recently tested positive live. The breakdown is as follows: Officials say that one or more of the latest cases is related to a previously reported individual. The health department says one of the additional cases is related to the mass testing conducted at Elderwood at Hornell and a case from Hornell Gardens. The health department says that all of the individuals that tested positive are being closely monitored by the Steuben County Health Department and are all quarantined. Officials say the health department is in the process of conducting investigations to identify any close contacts of the infected individuals.last_img read more

Town of Palm Beach sets new curfew due to increase in coronavirus cases

first_imgThe Town of Palm Beach announced Monday that it is issuing new curfew hours due to the record increase in coronavirus cases, particularly among young people, and lack of available hospital beds.The new hours are 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., effective Thursday, July 2, until further notice.last_img

The hypocrisy of the AFC

first_imgDear Editor,It is no secret that the Alliance For Change (AFC) continues to suffer political losses across the country, especially in the Berbice area. The Whim fiasco was just the tip of the iceberg which demonstrated the party’s desperation to unearth any semblance of relevance.During the 2015 election campaign, the AFC boasted of its support in Berbice and which it probably had to an extent. Capitalising on that, it used those opportunities to make numerous promises, particularly to sugar workers and rice farmers.They were relentless in their efforts to convince of tripling the price for paddy and denied that it would collude with the People’s National Congress – disguised as the A Partnership for National Unity – to close some sugar estates there. They made it appear that they possessed all the answers to what many Berbicians might have been facing.Some fell for the trap and voted for the AFC with the expectation of the promises made being fulfilled. Three and a half years after, not one of those promises has been fulfilled and the AFC itself is fast slipping into oblivion.The reality is that rice farmers never got any of the increases promised and sugar estates were closed putting thousands out of jobs making it extremely difficult for them to provide for their families.As a matter of fact, many sugar workers are still to receive their entitled severance despite numerous protest actions. It is only because of those actions, which brought shame, that the Government was forced recently to allocate money for the payments which, by the way, are still to be made. The fact is, the AFC is largely responsible for the economic hardships and sufferings that were inflicted on Berbicians since May 2015.The AFC, without shame and any regard to the falsehoods it peddled especially in Berbice during 2015, came back to campaign for the 2018 Local Government Elections. That is not only blatant hypocrisy on the part of the AFC, but complete disregard and wanton disrespect for Berbicians.All of their meetings suffered from extremely poor turnouts as people show that they will not be taken for granted by the AFC that not only failed to deliver any of its promises, but one which has no semblance of authority within the Government and which has now become irrelevant. That is why they resorted to actions like they did in Whim having realised that they have been rejected.All for yourconsideration,Baldeo Mathuralast_img read more

BIG CROWDS EXPECTED AT LOUGHSIDE COMMUNITY 5K RUN AND WALK

first_imgPaddy Bond (LS Community), Janet Russell (Cashelshanaghan NS), Cliff Smyth (Woodland NS), Donal Casey (LS Community) and Tracey Downes (LS Community) get ready for tomorrow’s big 5K!The Loughside Community will be out in numbers again tomorrow (Thurs) for their annual 5Km Fun Run/Jog/Walk.The community group is partnering with the parents committees of the Woodland NS and Cashelshanaghan NS, both located in the Loughside Community.This popular event attracted over 750 runners and walkers last year and the committee are expecting a similar numbers this year.Brian Sweeney, chairperson of the Loughside Community said “You don’t have to be a super fit athlete to participate. This is a 5k that the whole family can enjoy”. “The 5k will start and finish at the Woodland NS and the route will be the same route as last year, all on the secondary roads”. We will have marshals at every junction and corner making the route safe for families and children”.Refreshments Tea, Coffee and lots of home baking will be served in the Woodland NS gym afterwards. Brian said “if last year is anything to go by, then we are in for a real treat with the sandwiches and home baking this year again”. “Some of the men living in the Loughside Community are very good bakers”.Registration from 6pm in the gym at Woodland NS and the race will start at 7:30pm sharp. Residents living nearby are asked to walk to the event as parking will be restricted.BIG CROWDS EXPECTED AT LOUGHSIDE COMMUNITY 5K RUN AND WALK was last modified: June 24th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Loughs Community 5Klast_img read more

Pro Kabaddi 2019: UP Yoddha Lose to Telugu Titans 36-41

first_img Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time. Greater Noida: UP Yoddha on Wednesday lost their first match of the home leg 36-41 against Telugu Titans in the Pro Kabaddi League Season 7 here.The standout performances for UP Yoddha’s came from Shrikant Jadhav and Rishank Devadiga, who scored eight points each. Rishank Devadiga also achieved the milestone of scoring 650 points in the league overall, accompanied by Shrikant Jadhav, who achieved the milestone of scoring 300 touch points overall.The first half of the match started with Telugu Titans taking an early lead as they raced to a 6-4 lead with Siddharth Desai leading from the front for the Titans.UP then closed the gap to 8-10 with the help of a bonus point and a touch point by Rishank Devadiga.The match witnessed a neck-and-neck competition but Titans managed to get a slender 12-9 lead with nine minutes left in the half.But, Yoddha soon closed the gap to level the score with two successful tackles by Amit followed by captain Nitesh Kumar and a successful raid by Rishank Devadiga in a do-or-die situation.Now, it was turn of the Yoddha as they inflicted the first all-out on the Titans with a tackle by local boy Ashu Singh.This helped UP rush to an 18-14 lead with three minutes left in the half.The Yoddha had the momentum on their side as they went into the half-time leading 20-14.The second half looked like one way traffic as UP Yoddha inflicted the second all-out of the match with captain Nitesh Kumar tackling Rakesh Gowda to give his team a 28-17 lead.Telugu Titans tried to make a comeback as they inflicted the first all-out of the match on UP Yoddha with Siddharth Desai scoring a two pointer to get both Sumit and Aashish Nagar out.The scoreline stood at 33-27 in favour of the Yoddha with seven minutes left in the half.Things were getting really close as a super raid by Siddharth Desai, which caught Nitesh, Amit and Gurdeep off-guard, to close the gap at 33-31.It was now the Yoddha who made a brilliant effort with a super tackle from Sumit to get Siddharth Desai to again move slightly ahead.UP Yoddha seemed to have lost the flair all of a sudden as a second all-out on them by the Titans made sure the Yoddha trailed in the match for the first time by 36-38 points.In spite of the valiant efforts by UP Yoddha in the end, Titans came out victorious by 41-36.UP Yoddha now stand at 69 points from 21 matches with 12 wins, seven losses and two draws.The UP side will now face Bengaluru Bulls on Friday at the Shaheed Vijay Singh Pathik Sports Complex here. pklPKL 7pro kabaddi 2019Pro Kabaddi League 2019 First Published: October 9, 2019, 11:14 PM ISTlast_img read more

SIXTY SECONDS IN TOUCH

first_imgWelcome to the post-NRL Grand Final edition of Sixty Seconds in Touch…. * Congratulations to rugby league star and ex-Touchie Benji Marshall who, with his team the Wests Tigers took out the 2005 NRL Premiership over the weekend! * The players and officials heading to the All Nations tournament in New Zealand later this month spent the long-weekend at a training camp in Sydney. In preparation for the tournament, the teams did various fitness and skills programs run by their coaches. * As the 2005 Vawdon Cup progresses, the fight for the Boland and Smith medals is heating up! Both medals are decided with players allocated points for each round. NSWTA General Manager, Dean Russell has revealed there are seven Men’s players who can still win the Boland medal and five players in the Women’s division are still eligible to win the Smith medal. Winners will be revealed on December 2nd. Stay tuned! * Information for the 2005 NSW State Cup is now available from the NSWTA website. The tournament will run from December 2-4 at the Hibbards Reserve in Port Macquarie. * Sydney Scorpions have announced the commencement of the Junior Development Days Program on Sunday December 16. It will take place at Jones Park, Westmead from 3pm-5pm. The program is open to all junior players (boys and girls) from ages 12-17. For more information please see www.nswtouch.com.au * QSST All Schools Championships are being held this week from October 7-9 at the Whites Hill Touch complex. Divisions will be 19 years Boys and Girls, 15 years Boy and Girls and 13 years Mixed. A massive 198 teams will contest the title! * Online registration for the QTA 2005 Queensland State Cup is now available on their website. The tournament will run from December 2-3 at Quad Park, Kawana Waters. For those needing accommodation at the tournament, special deals are also available on the website. * ACT Touch are running a Junior Referees course on Wednesday October 12. For more information contact Gabe Hodges on 6285 4977. * There’s exciting news for Touch in WA. Their 2005 Be Active State Touch Championships which aired earlier this year, will be aired on Access 31 TV at 10.30pm on Sunday October 9th and 1pm on Friday October 14th. * Media and Merchandise Manager Rachel Moyle will not be in the office this week as she prepares for her wedding this Saturday to Duncan Grant. All at TFA wish Rach and Duncs all the best for their special day! By Lisa Plummerlast_img read more

Photo: Ohio State Debuted An Infographic Commemorating Every Win Of The Urban Meyer Era

first_imgUrban Meyer interacting with Ohio State football team.COLUMBUS, OH – SEPTEMBER 09: Head coach Urban Meyer of the Ohio State Buckeyes stands with his players before the game against the Oklahoma Sooners at Ohio Stadium on September 9, 2017 in Columbus, Ohio. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)Over the past three seasons under Urban Meyer, Ohio State has an impressive Big Ten regular season record of 24-0 and an overall record of 38-3. The Buckeyes were banned from the post-season in 2012 and lost the Big Ten title game and Orange Bowl to finish 12-2 in 2013. They finally struck gold on their third try by finishing 14-1 and winning this year’s College Football Playoff National Championship. Earlier tonight, the program put out an infographic recognizing all 38 victories of the Meyer era. It might take some time to adjust your eyes to it, but it’s definitely well-executed.Braxton Miller. J.T. Barrett. Carlos Hyde. Ryan Shazier. Bradley Roby. Devin Smith. There’s a lot of talent on that thing, and enough returning in Columbus to guarantee a lot more wins in 2015.last_img read more

Breaking: ESPN Shutting Down Grantland Effective Immediately

first_imgESPN promotion for Grantland Sports.Grantland/ESPNUpdate 2: Simmons has weighed in on the situation. He called the treatment of his former colleagues “simply appalling.”I loved everyone I worked with at G and loved what we built. Watching good/kind/talented people get treated so callously = simply appalling.— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) October 30, 2015Update: According to James Andrew Miller, all of Grantland’s writers will have their contracts honored. Furthermore, the network “intends” to use the sports writers on other platforms.All @Grantland33 writers will have their contracts honored; intent is to use sports writers on other @espn platforms.— James Andrew Miller (@JimMiller) October 30, 2015 espn grantland shut downGrantland/ESPNEarlier: ESPN sports and pop-culture blog Grantland, which was founded back in 2011 by former employee Bill Simmons, is being shut down by the network. Simmons parted ways with ESPN back in May, and Chris Connelly had been in charge since.The Worldwide Leader announced the news Friday via the following statement:Effective immediately we are suspending the publication of Grantland.  After careful consideration, we have decided to direct our time and energy going forward to projects that we believe will have a broader and more significant impact across our enterprise.Grantland distinguished itself with quality writing, smart ideas, original thinking and fun.  We are grateful to those who made it so.  Bill Simmons was passionately committed to the site and proved to be an outstanding editor with a real eye for talent.  Thanks to all the other writers, editors and staff who worked very hard to create content with an identifiable sensibility and consistent intelligence and quality. We also extend our thanks to Chris Connelly who stepped in to help us maintain the site these past five months as he returns to his prior role.Despite this change, the legacy of smart long-form sports story-telling and innovative short form video content will continue, finding a home on many of our other ESPN platforms.Reaction has been pouring in from many in the industry. ESPN’s handling of @Grantland33 and its staff post-Simmons has been, to be blunt, a train wreck. That staff deserved much better.— Richard Deitsch (@richarddeitsch) October 30, 2015Writing seemed to be on the wall the past few weeks, but still a major bummer nonetheless https://t.co/d9qJlNpTbK— Ben Axelrod (@BenAxelrod) October 30, [email protected] gave some of my favorite writers a chance to do whatever the hell they wanted to do for a long time. That’s great.— HALLRAISER (@edsbs) October 30, 2015The decision to end @Grantland33 was a very recent one according to sources at @espn— James Andrew Miller (@JimMiller) October 30, 2015I have read Grantland every day since launch. There is going to be an real hole in my life with it gone. I’m so sorry for everyone involved.— Will Leitch (@williamfleitch) October 30, 2015More as we learn it.last_img read more

Man clobbered to death with stone

first_imgNew Delhi: A man was beaten to death with stone in Sangam Vihar area in South Delhi. Police claimed that the accused then chopped his body and dumped it in the forest areas.Police identified the accused as Akash, a resident of Sangam Vihar area. “On 7 March around 2 am they received credible information about the murder case in the forested areas of street number 12 in Shooting Range road,” said police sources. They further added that the team nabbed the accused from Sangam Vihar and during questioning he claimed that he had killed one Saroj who lives in F2 block (Sangam Vihar) by beating him with stone. Also Read – Bangla Sahib Gurudwara bans use of all types of plastic itemsPolice further stated that after killing he disposed of the body into pieces and hide it inside the pit in the forested areas. The staff took the accused to forest and started searching. “There were marks of dragging and the blood stain on the ground. Later the accused pointed through the weapon of offence “stone”, said police sources adding that the accused told them that after killing he dragged the body of the Saroj. Moving further police team found that there were fresh mud and stone inside the pit. “After removing mud and stone a sack was found containing the body pieces including the head, legs,” police said. Police further claimed that the accused had some personal enmity with the deceased. “Three years ago he was beaten up by the deceased and to take revenge of that incident he hatched the murder plan,” police said. A case under sections 302 and 201 of IPC registered.last_img read more