German metal employers slam coalition’s basic pension deal

first_imgAccording to the agreement, the basic pension (Grundrente) is to be paid from January 2021 to anyone who has paid contributions for 35 years, with periods of parenting and caring for relatives counted. This will be subject to a comprehensive income test, but not an assessment of property.Gesamtmetall director general Oliver Zander said:  “Anyone who has paid little into the pension system over a lifetime is now getting a significantly higher pension — higher than the contributions he has made, and higher than the pension of other pensioners who have paid in more but don’t meet the requirements for the basic pension.”He said this new injustice would have to be made up for in a few years, and then the country would end up with a political unconditional minimum pension.“This has nothing to do with the basic principles of our pension system. It’s a break with the system,” Zander said.He accused the federal government of ignoring demographic change.“We do not know today how our country will pay the pension burden in 10 years. But instead of finally changing course and doing without more pension gifts, billions more euros are being added to the pensions burden,” he said.Anyone who pretended to be concerned about the future of young people should not support such a pension policy, said Zander.Also included in the coalition agreement are measures designed to strengthen the system of occupational pensions, reduce the contribution to unemployment insurance for a limited period, double the tax allowance for employee equity investments as well as the subsidy amount for low-paid occupational pensions.A fund for future technologies of up to €10bn, particularly in the areas of digitalisation and climate, is to be set up by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau.According to the wording of the pact, the parties aim to change the current situation where occupational pension payments trigger additional statutory health insurance (GKV) contributions, “in order to strengthen the acceptance and trust in occupational pensions”.They said the exemption limit for pensions would be changed into a “dynamic” free allowance, with a deduction creating relief for all compulsorily-insured company pension recipients.The resulting shortfall in contributions will be financed entirely by the GKV resources, according to the agreement. The lobby group for Germany’s largest industrial sector has harshly criticised a hard-won political compromise over a guaranteed state pension for working people.Gesamtmetall, which speaks for 23 member associations representing more than 7,100 companies in the metal and electrical engineering sector, branded the deal, formed on Sunday, a break from the principles of the German pension system.Chancellor Angela Merkel’s bloc, consisting of the CDU and CSU parties, agreed yesterday with the SPD — its coalition partner since early last year — a package to increase retirement income for what the SPD said would be as many as 1.5m long-term earners from 2021.The issue had been key for the SPD, and the failure so far to secure a deal was seen as a threat to the stability of the ruling coalition.last_img read more

Spelinspektionen warns Swedish players of red lines on self exclusion

first_img StumbleUpon Sweden’s new gambling regulatory authority Spelinspektionen has issued a stern warning to new online incumbents, stating that licences will be withdrawn if self-exclusion standards/policies are not met.The Swedish regulator, which revamped its operational set-up in 2018, has stated that it will simply not tolerate operators’ disregarding Spelpaus.se ( translation – ‘game-break’) provisions, made mandatory under Sweden’s new online gambling licensing framework.Launching Sweden’s re-regulated online gambling marketplace on 1 January 2019, Spelinspektionen was left embarrassed as news sources reported that a tenth of new online incumbents had failed to indicate Spelpaus.se self-exclusion provisions.Issuing an immediate response, Spelinspektionen governance states that it is monitoring all new incumbents closely, demanding that they comprehensively reference Spelpaus.se, or face record penalties, suspensions, including potential license terminations.Entering a critical 2019 for all Swedish gambling stakeholders, Spelinspektionen states that self-exclusion violations will be treated as a red-line in its regulatory capacity.Led by Director General Camilla Rosenberg, Spelinspektionen (formerly Lotteriinspektionen) has moved to expand its operational capacity, employing a further 50 full-time employees dedicated to monitoring Sweden’s new gambling marketplace.In November 2018, Katarina Abrahamsson Spelinspektionen Integrity & Legal Officer delivered a media presentation outlining the internal and external changes the regulatory body would undertake in 2019, restructuring Swedish gaming entirely for online and land-based verticals. Winning Post: Swedish regulator pushes back on ‘Storebror’ approach to deposit limits August 24, 2020 Submit Global Gaming adds sportsbook extension to Ninja property August 25, 2020 Soft2Bet continues new market drive with Irokobet launch August 26, 2020 Related Articles Share Sharelast_img read more

Neymar makes spectacular return as Brazil beats Croatia, 2-0

first_imgChina population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls Playing for the first time since February, Neymar scored the opener in Brazil’s 2-0 friendly win against Croatia in Liverpool after coming on for the second half. He then ran to hug Brazilian soccer confederation doctor Rodrigo Lasmar on the sidelines at Anfield.“I am so happy to play football again. I have waited and worked a lot for this. I suffered, these were very tough three months,” Neymar said. “When I saw the ball hit the net I only thought of those that helped me, Dr. Lasmar, my family, friends.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownNeymar, who also withstood a few challenges in the game, received the ball from midfielder Philippe Coutinho in the 68th and dribbled past Croatia defenders Sime Vrsaljko and Duje Caleta-Car. He smashed the ball into the net from around five meters (yards) with his right foot.The Brazilian injured the same foot playing for Paris Saint-Germain and underwent surgery in Brazil in early March. He did not warm up with the Brazilian team on Sunday, which had again raised concerns among supporters. Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Neymar said he was 80 percent at his best for the Croatia game.Brazil coach Tite said Neymar’s return was “above the expected standard.”“Neymar is only human, but he came back above my expectations too,” Tite said. “I was expecting much less.”Neymar had replaced midfielder Fernandinho at halftime with the score at 0-0. He quickly made his mark and raised the hopes of Brazilian fans for the World Cup, which starts June 14.Tite wasn’t getting carried away, though.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film When Fernandinho went off, Coutinho played a greater role and Brazil’s game improved.The five-time World Cup champions play their last pre-World Cup friendly against Austria on June 10.Monday will be a rest day for the team and Brazilian media claimed midfielder Fred will be traveling to Manchester for medical tests before signing a deal with Manchester United.Tite did not confirm the move but said: “Our orientation is for them (players) to solve (transfers) as quickly as possible so they keep their head and effort focused on Brazil. If I were the manager there, I would try to sign him too.”Brazil’s World Cup opener is on June 17 against Switzerland.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations LATEST STORIES Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikinacenter_img “Neymar is going to have ups and downs like he had in training until the third, fourth game (on his return). Then he will have his normal standard,” Tite said.Croatia captain Luka Modric was among many impressed with Neymar.“It is beautiful to watch him play again, he is special, one of the best in the world,” Modric said. Brazil “improved in the second half after Neymar made the difference.”Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino scored Brazil’s second goal in the 90th. After Casemiro put the ball in the penalty box, Firmino controlled with his chest and sent the ball over Croatia goalkeeper Danijel Subasic to step up his challenge for a starting position in the team.Brazil captain and No. 9 Gabriel Jesus was replaced by Firmino after an hour.“I am here to help Brazil. I respect Tite’s opinion (in starting with Jesus) 100 percent,” Firmino said.The striker also thanked local fans for their support, saying “it is good to play at home.”The same Liverpool supporters who cheered Firmino went out of their way to jeer Coutinho, who left the Reds for Barcelona earlier this year.Until Neymar stepped onto the pitch it was Croatia which had the best opportunities in a match that seemed headed for a dull draw.Defender Dejan Lovren had the best chance to open with a header that grazed Brazil goalkeeper Alisson’s right post after a corner. Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial Chris Tiu on ‘hardest hit on the face’: ‘There could have been worse complications’ Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Brazil’s Neymar, right, battles for the ball with Croatia’s Sime Vrsaljko, left, and Croatia’s Mateo Kovacic during the friendly soccer match between Brazil and Croatia at Anfield Stadium in Liverpool, England, Sunday, June 3, 2018. (AP Photo/Dave Thompson)LIVERPOOL, England — Only three months ago, Brazil striker Neymar was on an operating table and in danger of missing the World Cup in Russia.Those fears largely disappeared Sunday when Neymar returned to action with smart dribbling, fluent passing and an impressive individual goal, which he celebrated with his surgeon.ADVERTISEMENT Lacson: Calamity fund cut; where did P4 billion go? Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award View commentslast_img read more

DONEGAL COUNCILLOR ADMITS MAKING DOUBLE EXPENSES CLAIMS

first_imgA DONEGAL County Councillor has admitted making double expenses claims and could face being banned from holding public office.Former Fine Gael councillor Padraig Doherty, from Gaoth Dobhair was accused of making the bogus claims at a Standards In Public Office Commission hearing.It will will issue a ruling on the allegations within weeks. The 70-year-old politician faces nine counts of breaches of statutory standards required of public representatives.He is accused of claiming mileage and subsistence costs from Donegal County Council and Údarás na Gaeltachta for the one conference in Dungarvan in March 2007.Mr Doherty was also accused of making overlapping claims for another conference and a meeting of Údarás na Gaeltachta that took place at separate locations in November 2008.Councillor Doherty had repaid any money claimed on the double to Donegal County Council a year prior to a complaint being made to SIPO.Counsel for Pádraig Doherty, Richard Lyons said his client accepts the alleged contraventions against him and that there was no financial loss to either public body and Mr Doherty maintains he made inadvertant errors and mixed up his dates relating to the expenses claims.DONEGAL COUNCILLOR ADMITS MAKING DOUBLE EXPENSES CLAIMS was last modified: May 12th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CouncillorexpensesPadraig Dohertylast_img read more